Washington D.C. Youth Tour
Each year either a high school sophmore or junior get a chance to win an all expense paid trip to Washington, D.C.. Students will need to fill out an application, which they can get from Lower Yellowstone REC, their schools guidance counselor, or below. The student must also write an essay on the topic: Why should I be chosen to represent Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative on the 2017 Youth to Washington, D.C. tour.?"
To be eligible:
1. The student must currently be a high school sophomore or junior.
2. The students' parents/guardian must be a member and receive electrical service from LYREC.
3. Student cannot be a prior winner of the youth tour.
4. The student must write an essay on the topic listed above.
5. Keep the essay no more than two (2) double-spaced, typed pages.
6. Submit the essay & application form to Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative, Attn: Jami Propp, P.O. Box 1047, Sidney, MT 59270.
The due date for the essay is Wednesday, Nov. 30. The winning student will travel to Washington, D.C. from June 10-16, 2017. For more information, contact LYREC.
Not only will you have a chance to win a trip of a lifetime, but check out the other incentives below!
1st Place- All expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. plus a $1000 towards your college education. The students parent will also receive a $200 bill credit on their electric account.
2nd Place- $500 towards college education and $100 bill credit on the parent electric account.
3rd Place-$100 towards college education and $50 bill credit on the parent electric account.
Good luck to all that apply!
To get an application click here:
For a Youth Tour Resource Guide click here: