2020 Annual Meeting
The Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative board of trustees voted unanimously to cancel the 2020 annual meeting of members scheduled for June 3 at the Richland County Event Center. This is in response to Gov. Steve Bullock declaring a state of emergency in Montana and President Trump declaring a state of emergency in the nation due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, LYREC will strive to keep our membership informed. The 84th annual meeting program will be distributed to all members in late May. The program will contain the 2019 annual meeting minutes and financials, board of trustee candidate biographies, scholarship information, and a cooperative update from LYREC's CEO and board president. We are committed to maintaining open communication and will be utilizing social media and our website to send important information to our members regarding business. LYREC is also exploring alternative options for a meeting with members.
The Nominating Committee met on March 3. Following the committee's work, they nominated only one candidate per district; accordingly, the election of trustees will be by acclamation. Dennis Nelson will be re-elected to represent District 5, Greg Rauschendorfer will be re-elected for District 6, and Allen Thiessen will be re-elected for District 7.
"We are truly saddened to have to cancel the annual meeting for the first time in our cooperative history. It's a tradition we value and cherish," said Jason Brothen, LYREC CEO/general manager. The decision to cancel was not made lightly, but LYREC board and management felt it was in the best interest for the health and safety of our members, employees and communities. We appreciate your support and understanding as we navigate this unique and unprecenedented time together.
Luck of the Draw Scholarships
Each year LYREC awards several Luck of the Draw scholarships to members planning to attend college in the upcoming fall term.
1. The applicant or parent/guardian must be a member who is currently receiving electric service from LYREC.
2. The applicant must be a student who is enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college/university or vocational technical school for the upcoming fall term.
** An individual applicant can receive a maximum of 2 Luck of the Draw scholarships.**
For a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship:
1. Fill out an application. Luck of the Draw Application
2. Think about an item that uses electricity, other than your wireless devices, that you would not want to be without. Take a picture with the item you have chosen--Be Creative!
3. Submit the application along with the digital picture to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday June 5, 2020.
The scholarship winners will be drawn June 10, 2020 via Facebook. Follow LYREC's Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter page for more information.
The Lower Yellowstone Annual Report is available for viewing. The report will be sent out to all members each year late May, right before the Annual Meeting. The Annual Report gives members a recap of the milestones of the past year, it contains information about the candidates for the board of directors and it contains a full schedule of the Annual meeting.
For past issues, click the corresponding year.