STRONG PRINCIPLES RUN THROUGH EVERY CO-OP LINE
Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperatives' mission it to serve our members with safe, reliable, and affordable electricity.
Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative (LYREC) is a rural electric cooperative headquartered in Sidney, Montana. Our service area includes all or part of 5 counties including Dawson, Richland, and Roosevelt (in Montana) and McKenzie and Williams (in North Dakota.)
Lower Yellowstone Electric was one of the first cooperatives established in Montana. LYREC is a distribution cooperative that receives approximately 90% of their power from Basin Electric Power Cooperative and the other 10% comes from Western Area Power Administration. LYREC currently serves approximately 2,500 members and has more than 6,200 meters.
The Cooperative is governed by a seven member Board of Directors who are elected by the membership they serve. Lower Yellowstone Electric currently employs 34 full-time employees.