2019 Luck of the Draw scholarship winners
Luck of the Draw Scholarship
1. The applicant or parent/guardian must be a member who is currently receiving electric service from LYREC.
2. The applicant must be a student who is enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college/university or vocational technical school for the upcoming fall term.
** An individual applicant can receive a maximum of 2 Luck of the Draw scholarships.**
For a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship:
1. Fill out the Luck of the Draw application.
2. Think about an item that uses electricity, other than your wireless devices, that you would not want to be without. Take a picture with the item you have chosen --- Be Creative!
3. Submit the application along with the digital picture to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday June 5, 2020.
The scholarship winners will be drawn June 10, 2020 via Facebook. Follow LYREC's Facebook and Instagram page for more information.
MECA's Memorial Scholarship
Each year MECA (Montana Electric Cooperatives' Association) awards a $500 college scholarships to a cooperative member in the Northeast District of Montana. Winners are selected by a committee comprised of co-op staff members from across the state of Montana. If a LYREC member is chosen by the committee, LYREC will match MECA's $500 scholarship.
Get the MECA Memorial Scholarship application here:
- Montana Electric Cooperatives' Association Memorial Scholarship
Montana Electric Cooperatives' Association scholarships are due January 24, 2020.
Basin Electric Power Cooperative Scholarship
The Basin Electric Power Cooperative (BEPC) Scholarship program will award one $1,000 scholarship to a LYREC member consumer. The scholarship must be used for educational costs, and the student must enter college in the fall of the school year for which the scholarship is given. Check will be made payable to the school and distributed in August.
Get the Basin Electric Power Cooperative Scholarship application here:
- Basin Electric Power Cooperative Scholarship
Basin Electric Power Cooperative scholarships are due February 7, 2020.
Who can apply?
LYREC (Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative) members/member dependents may apply for the following scholarships if you are enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time graduate or undergraduate course of study at an accredited, two-year or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school in the upcoming fall term.
How do you apply?
To apply for the MECA and BEPC scholarships, you must complete the required criteria on the scholarship applications.The applicant is responsible for submitting all necessary information to apply for a scholarship and the applications must reach LYREC's office by the due dates listed. You may send your applications and essays into email@example.com or mail them to LYREC, PO Box 1047, Sidney MT, 59270.
Congratulations to all of our scholarship winners!!